Pour Over Brew Guide
- place paper filter in brewer and rinse with a full cup of hot water
- weigh 20gr of coffee beans per serve or 2 heaped measure spoons
- grind fine/ medium (see grind chart)
- discard rinse water
- add ground coffee to filter
- saturate the coffee by adding very slowly, drip by drip, 20gr of hot water (directly off boil) wait about 30 seconds.
- pour carefully in a circular motion a total of 300gr - focus the pour into the center of the pond, keeping the pour away from the sides.
- stop pouring when 300gr weight is reached. (300ml per 20gr serve).
- stir the pond gently with a teaspoon to make sure all grind is in the pond and not left out of the water, up on the sides.
- it should take about 3 minutes for the water to drain through the grinds. there should be a flat bottom of grinds left in the filter.
- decant and enjoy
note: if the water drains too quickly make the grind size finer. if the water drains too slowly make the grind size courser.