French Press Brew Guide
- preheat french press with hot water
- weigh 20gr of coffee beans per serve or 2 heaped measure spoons
- grind medium/ course (see grind chart)
- discard rinse water
- add ground coffee to french press
- start a 4 minute timer
- pour carefully and quickly 300gr of hot water (directly off boil)
- stop pouring when 300gr weight is reached. (300ml per 20gr serve).
- after 30 seconds stir gently with a teaspoon breaking the bloom.
- place the lid on the brewer making sure the plunger mesh is pushed down slightly holding the grinds just slightly under the water’s surface.
- when the timer goes off gently push the plunger down.
- ecant the liquid into either cup or carafe.
- sip and enjoy.
note: multiply the brew ratio for larger french press but keep the grind size and the time the same.